Monday, February 28, 2011

Seek and Ye Shall Find..

“nature itself means nothing, says nothing except to the perceiving mind…..Beauty is where it is perceived…you surely will see…..if you are prepared to see it-if you look for it…”                                                                                        Henry David Thoreau

This was a quote I came across from Thoreau, I had never read it or heard of it before and to me it spoke volumes. Thoreau is well know for his unique insite into nature and his nature writing and I think, for me as a outdoor photographer, I will hold this quote close.  I hear many people ask what there is to photograph in any giving place and I've done the same thing myself.  As photographers, we need to perceive the beauty in everything, always be open, always be looking....natures beauty is everywhere. 

2 comments:

  1. most of us walk through life oblivious to the simple beauty to be found in each day- something as simple as a butterfly should excite us, but too often we are too wrapped up in the constrains of life to actually live.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, we all should slow down more and notice the little things. I believe a lot of us have forgot how to live, or the "living" we are doing is not bringing us any pleasure.

    ReplyDelete